GBO Human Resources, from its origins to the present day
« The French-German spirit is the humus of GBO Human Resources. Our consultants are trilingual (German, English, French). They have extensive international professional experience and a strong awareness of to « human chemistry »! »
« Focusing on fully understanding our clients’ needs as well as their culture and values is essential to finding the candidate who will thrive and succeed in their new role »
1990: Gilles Boquien founds GBO Human Resources
- Gilles was then a partner in the firm « Klaus W. Herterich, Conseillers de Direction franco-allemands », the one and only recruitment firm specialised at the time in the search for executives and managers for German subsidiaries in France
- This French-German recruitment agency, created in Paris by Klaus Herterich, originally from Freiburg, responded to the needs of German industrial companies, mostly family-owned SMEs, to set up in France and to look for managers with good professional experience and command of the German language.
2007: Eric de la Villegeorges becomes Managing Partner of GBO
- An engineer by training with 20 years of experience in industry and a long career in Germany, Eric undertakes to develop the business by assisting French companies wishing to set up or expand in the DACH region.
2009: GBO sets up in Germany
- An office is opened in Frankfurt to better address the German market, while relying on the Paris-based French-German teams.
2012: GBO launches its subsidiary EuroRekruter
- EuroRekruter supports our clients on non-executive positions, relying on a job board that has quickly become a reference in its area.
2014: GBO launches its Coaching activity
- With the support of two certified coach consultants, GBO carries out executive and management committee coaching for its clients.
2016: GBO joins the ISPA network (International Search Partner Association)
- ISPA is a network of European firms of similar size and sharing the same values. Thanks to this network, members can share international best practices and support their clients in all European countries.
2017: GBO develops its Coaching services
- In 2017, GBO set up personal development workshops under a multi-year contract with the Ecole de Guerre. By piloting a team of 5 coaches, GBO acquires a first level experience in executive coaching, which has since been extended to outplacement activities.
2019: GBO establishes a EuroRekruter office in Berlin
- Our presence in Frankfurt, Berlin and Munich through our partner J&P GmbH allows us to have a comprehensive coverage of the German market.