When to use an assessment?
An assessment can be used in different situations:
In anticipation of a job offer:
For example, when two candidates are selected for a position and a final choice has to be made;
For internal development purposes:
To verify that the employee’s skills and abilities are in line with a new position, and to develop their skills accordingly, if necessary.
To evaluate the potential of a candidate
as part of the company’s « talent management ».
What is the assessment process like?
An assessment consists of 4 successive steps:
– Definition of the objectives and context of the assessment together with the client. Building a portfolio of personal and professional skills to be investigated in the candidate. This step is crucial and requires strong investment from the client.
– The assessment center itself: it can be complete (one day) or « light » (half a day); depending on the client’s request, it includes some or all of the following elements: mail sorting followed by the preparation and presentation of an action plan; preparation and implementation of a role-playing game; self-assessment; debriefing of the test.
– The drafting of a written report: it is composed of a general matrix representing the candidate’s profile with the evaluation of each investigated skill; a summary of the candidate’s strengths and points of improvement, followed by recommendations; a detailed focus on each essential skill sought in the candidate; the areas of development areas to be prioritized for the candidate in relation to the position.
– Feedback to the client and the candidate
An assessment aimed at developing an employee’s skills can be followed by a development plan, if the recommendations made conclude that this step is necessary.
The assessment within the framework of the finalization of a recruitment, can be followed by a coaching, with the aim of accompanying the new employee in their new position.
What does an assessment provide?
– A complete and precise mapping of the candidate’s skills and potential
– A reliable evaluation, based on concrete observations, through simulations
– An assessment that is totally in line with your challenges
– Conclusions that allow you to build development paths for the candidate